Make Dental Work Easier
Contact Golden Promise your sales consultant.
What Are Teeth Cleanings For?
We all know that brushing and flossing are essential for maintaining good oral health, but sometimes, these gestures are just not enough. This is where teeth cleanings come in. These professional procedures help remove tartar buildup, stains, and prevent gum disease. Here's everything you need to know about teeth cleaning procedures.
What Happens During a Teeth Cleaning?
Teeth cleaning procedures are performed by dental hygienists or dentists. During the procedure, they will use special tools to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. They will also polish your teeth to remove surface stains and smooth the surface of your teeth.
Why Are Teeth Cleanings Necessary?
Plaque is a sticky film that develops on our teeth every day. It is made up of bacteria, food debris, and saliva. Plaque can lead to tooth decay and gum disease if left untreated. Even with regular brushing and flossing, plaque can still build up in hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. This is where teeth cleanings come in.
Teeth cleanings are necessary to remove stubborn plaque and tartar buildup. This buildup can eventually cause gum disease if left untreated. Gum disease is a serious condition that can lead to tooth loss and other health problems.
Regular teeth cleanings can also help prevent bad breath and keep your smile looking bright and healthy.
How Often Should You Get Teeth Cleanings?
The frequency of teeth cleanings varies depending on your oral health. Some people may need to get their teeth cleaned every six months, while others may only need to get their teeth cleaned once a year.
Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to recommend the frequency of your teeth cleanings based on your oral health. If you have a history of gum disease or other oral health issues, you may need to get your teeth cleaned more frequently.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth Cleanings?
There are many benefits to getting regular teeth cleanings. Here are just a few:
- Prevents tooth decay: Teeth cleanings help remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to tooth decay if left untreated.
- Prevents gum disease: Gum disease is a serious condition that can lead to tooth loss and other health problems. Regular teeth cleanings can help prevent gum disease.
- Prevents bad breath: Plaque buildup is a leading cause of bad breath. Teeth cleanings remove this buildup and leave your breath smelling fresh.
- Keeps your smile looking bright: Teeth cleanings remove surface stains from your teeth, leaving your smile looking brighter.
- Saves money: Preventative teeth cleanings can help you avoid costly dental procedures down the road.
In conclusion, teeth cleanings are an essential part of maintaining good oral health. By removing plaque and tartar buildup, teeth cleanings can prevent tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath, and keep your smile looking bright and healthy. Be sure to consult with your dentist or dental hygienist to determine the frequency of teeth cleanings that is right for you.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist