Make Dental Work Easier
Contact Golden Promise your sales consultant.
When it comes to dental care, there are a wide variety of materials that are used to treat and restore teeth. One of these materials is PVS, which stands for polyvinyl siloxane. PVS dental material is a popular choice among dentists due to its versatility, durability, and effectiveness in a wide range of dental procedures.
What is PVS Dental Material?
PVS dental material is a type of elastomer that is made up of silicone, hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. It is used in a variety of dental applications, including impressions, bite registration, and dental laboratory work.
The material is highly resistant to distortion, can handle impression shrinkage during setting, and also has excellent flow properties, meaning it can capture even the tiniest details of the teeth and surrounding tissue.
The History of PVS Dental Material
The first polyvinyl siloxane impression materials were introduced in the 1960s, but it wasn't until the 1980s that it gained widespread use in dentistry due to its improvements in material manufacturing and handling techniques.
Since then, PVS dental material has become one of the most widely used impression materials in modern dentistry, allowing dentists to work with greater accuracy and precision in a variety of dental procedures.
Benefits of PVS Dental Material
There are several benefits to using PVS dental material in dental procedures:
1. Accuracy: PVS material can accurately capture the fine details of the teeth and gums, which is important for more precise dental work.
2. Durability: PVS material is highly resistant to distortion and can withstand heavy pressure, making it ideal for use in dental applications that require long-term durability.
3. Versatility: PVS material can be used in a wide range of dental procedures, from impressions to bite registrations to dental laboratory work.
4. Patient Comfort: PVS dental material is non-toxic and non-allergenic, making it a safe and comfortable option for patients.
5. Easy to use: PVS material is easy to mix, handle, and manipulate, and can be easily worked with by dentists and technicians.
Uses of PVS Dental Material
PVS dental material is used in a variety of dental procedures, including:
1. Impressions: PVS material is used to create impressions of the teeth and gums, which are then used to create crowns, bridges, dentures, and other dental restorations.
2. Bite Registration: PVS material is used to capture the position of the teeth in relation to each other, which is important for creating dental restorations that fit properly.
3. Dental Laboratory Work: PVS material is used by dental technicians to create models of the teeth and gums, which are used to create dental restorations.
4. Temporary Restorations: PVS material can be used to create temporary dental restorations, which are used while more permanent restorations are being created.
5. Orthodontics: PVS material is used to create impressions of the teeth and gums for orthodontic treatment planning and fabrication of custom aligners.
PVS dental material is a highly versatile and effective material used in a variety of dental procedures. It offers accuracy, durability, and patient comfort, making it a popular choice among dentists and dental technicians. As dental technology continues to advance, it is likely that PVS dental material will continue to be a valuable tool in modern dentistry.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist