Make Dental Work Easier
Contact Golden Promise your sales consultant.
Teeth cleaning and polishing is an essential aspect of oral hygiene that should be done regularly. It involves removing bacteria, plaque, and tartar from the teeth to keep them healthy and free from infections. This procedure is usually carried out by a dental hygienist or dentist. The process of teeth cleaning and polishing is quick, painless, and relatively inexpensive compared to other dental procedures. In this article, we will discuss what teeth cleaning and polishing entails.
What is Teeth Cleaning and Polishing?
Teeth cleaning and polishing is a non-invasive dental procedure that involves removing plaque, tartar, and bacteria from the teeth. It is done to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath. Before the cleaning process, a dentist or dental hygienist will examine your teeth and gums to check for any underlying dental problems that may require immediate attention.
How Does Teeth Cleaning and Polishing Work?
Teeth cleaning and polishing is a two-step process that involves cleaning and polishing. The cleaning process involves removing plaque and tartar from the teeth using a scaler or ultrasonic instrument. The tool scrapes away any buildup on the surface of the teeth, between the teeth, and at the gumline.
After the cleaning process, the dentist or dental hygienist will use a polishing tool to smooth the surface of the teeth and remove any remaining stains. The polishing tool uses an abrasive paste that helps to remove surface stains and give the teeth a natural shine.
Why is Teeth Cleaning and Polishing Important?
Teeth cleaning and polishing is essential for maintaining good oral health. It helps to prevent cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. It is also an effective way to detect any dental problems early before they become severe.
Teeth cleaning and polishing can also improve the appearance of your teeth, making them brighter and whiter. It can also boost your confidence and self-esteem by giving you a brighter, more beautiful smile.
Who Should Get Teeth Cleaning and Polishing?
Everyone should get their teeth cleaned and polished at least twice a year. However, people who smoke, drink coffee, or consume other staining foods and drinks should get their teeth cleaned more frequently.
People with certain medical conditions such as diabetes or a weakened immune system may also need to get their teeth cleaned more frequently.
Benefits of Teeth Cleaning and Polishing
1. Prevents Tooth Decay - Plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth can lead to tooth decay. Teeth cleaning and polishing removes these buildup and prevents the bacteria from eating away at the tooth enamel.
2. Prevents Gum Disease - Plaque and tartar buildup can cause gum disease and lead to tooth loss. Teeth cleaning and polishing removes these buildup and reduces the risk of gum disease.
3. Brighter Smile - Teeth cleaning and polishing removes surface stains and gives the teeth a natural shine, leading to a brighter and more beautiful smile.
4. Fresher Breath - Regular teeth cleaning and polishing removes bacteria that cause bad breath, keeping your breath fresher for longer.
5. Saves Money - Regular teeth cleaning and polishing can prevent dental problems that may require expensive treatments such as root canals or extractions.
Teeth cleaning and polishing is an essential part of good oral hygiene that should be done regularly. It helps to prevent dental problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath, and improves the appearance of your teeth. Everyone should get their teeth cleaned and polished at least twice a year to maintain good oral health and prevent costly dental problems. So, don't wait any longer, schedule your dental appointment today and keep your teeth healthy and beautiful!
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist